Friday 23 March 2012

My top 5

These are my top 5 favourite creations.  I hope you like them..... I loved making them!


This blanket I created for a new bubba in Queensland.  It had to be cotton and cool enough for those hot temps!  I had free reign on the design but I wanted something the child could grow up with and not be too baby baby. The contrast of the different patterns looks great whilst keeping with the same colors. 
 Size approx: 1.5m x 1.1m and Cost: $65


 This warm snuggly cot blanket I made again for a new bubba.  The brief was to go a little retro.  I found this awesome car fabric and matched it with a polka dot border and polar fleece backing.  Customer was chuffed.  
Size approx 1.1m x 1.5m cost $60


A friend of mine has a fabulous cake business at the Mornington Wednesday markets (The Cake Table) and she wanted to jazz up her stall.  So I made this fab bunting in her business card colors.  They are 2 x 3m length bunting and cost $65 for the lot. Very festive!


This would have to be my favourite.  I found this linen elephant fabric and had to use it somehow! I made it a feature in the centre of the quilt and put a gorgeous fine cord border of pale blue with white polka dots.  I then sewed a feature ribbon on both ends and finished it with a matching cotton navy blue/white polka dot fabric.  Great multi-seasonal blanket for a new baby boy.
Size approx: 1.1m x 1.5m Cost: $65


This fabulous noticeboard was a commission for a friend of mine who has a hair salon at home.  When she asked me for fabric with scissors on it I nearly had a heart attack! Where was I going to get that?? Anyway, after much searching I found it! This noticeboard is backed with cork also to pin all those important things. It comes with a bag of medium sized pegs and some pins.
 Size approx: 1.2m x 40cm and cost $60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Poppet Designs!